Welcome to our subscriber only section!
As a valued Zoologist at Wild at Home, we've given you special access to a range of videos and activities you can explore. Every month you'll find different content here! Just make sure to scan the updated QR code each month.
To access this page on a desktop, type the URL
into your browser!
P.S. Make sure you have let your adult know that you are using the internet!
Watch a selection of Sloth videos here! Including a video to make your own Sock Sloth and the story 'Slowly, Slowly, Slowly said the Sloth.
Extra Sloth Facts...
1. Sloths are three times stronger than us. They have a highly specialised muscle arrangement that can produce enough strength to withstand the force of a jaguar trying to pull them from the tree! Wow!
2. Without Sloths, there would be no avocados...their digestive system means they can process avocado seeds whole so they were dispersed far and wide many years ago!
3. Sloths are completely blind in bright daylight and are colour blind. But they have excellent smell and a great memory.
4. They are faster in water than on land.
5. It takes 30 days for a sloth to digest one leaf!
6. Sloths will fall out of a tree once a week for it's entire life. But don't worry! They are designed to fall and survive and can fall from over 100 feet (the height of TWELVE double-decker buses!) and survive.
Can you complete this wordsearch?
Have a go at unscrambling these anagrams to work out the secret word!
I love this paper plate Sloth!
Can you match these animal tracks?
Finally, here is a cute video from 2015 of a baby sloth called Edward Yawning. He couldn't be looked after by his mother so London Zoo got creative and took a sloth teddy bear from the gift shop to act as a substitute to encourage him to climb and build his muscles. What an adorable, little sloth!